Three days ago, I released MAKE, a BlackBerry 10 Starbucks client app, without much expectation.
Here's what happened in the last 3 days.
- MAKE received 86 reviews within the first 24 hours of release (This is a record for me and I am so thankful to everyone who left such kind comments!!)
- Have been downloaded over 5000 times despite crucial download restriction*
- The Google Places API which is used to retrieve all the Starbucks stores near the users location in the "Store Locations" tab, have been called over 10,000 times.
- Without me telling anyone besides some regular users on Twitter, MAKE was featured on CrackBerry, N4BB, BlackBerryCool, BerryReview, NerdBerry, and even in mobilesyrup (this was a pretty big surprise), all on the day of launch.
- Congratulations from many of my fellow developers :)
I'm blown away by the response from the BlackBerry 10 community and the events over the last 3 days is a clear indication that there is a huge demand for the official Starbucks app.
* MAKE requires BlackBerry 10 devices to have OS version 10.2 and above but at the time of its release, the 10.2 update was not widely available to the public.